Code of Conduct for MV Sport Production Facilities
- Introduction : MV Sport is committed to conducting its business affairs in a socially responsible manner consistent with rules and regulations of the U.S. Department of Labor. MV Sport expects nothing less of its business partners. Therefore, MV Sport will not do business with those who engage in business practices or follow work place standards inconsistent with this Code of Conduct.
- Application : This Code of Conduct shall apply to all suppliers of MV Sport. Throughout this Code, the term “Supplier” shall include all persons or entities that have entered into a written or verbal agreement with MV Sport, as well as their respective contractors and subcontractors.
- Work Place Standards and Practices : MV Sport suppliers must operate work places that adhere to the following minimum standards and practices :
- Legal Compliance MV Sport suppliers must comply with all applicable legal requirements in conducting business related to or involving the production or sale of products or materials bearing the brand, label, name, trademarks or images of MV Sport.
- Environmental Compliance MV Sport suppliers must share MV Sport’s commitment to the protection and preservation of the global environment and the world’s finite resources and conduct business accordingly.
- Ethical Standards MV Sport suppliers must be committed in the conduct of their business to a set of ethical standards that are not incompatible with those of MV Sport. These include but are by no means limited to honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and respect for the unique intrinsic value of each human being.
- Employment Standards MV Sport will only do business with suppliers whose workers are in all cases present at work voluntarily, not at risk of physical harm, fairly compensated and not exploited in any way. In addition, the following specific guidelines must be followed :
- Wages and Benefits Suppliers must provide wages and benefits which comply with all applicable laws and regulations and match or exceed the prevailing local manufacturing industry practices.
- Working Hours Suppliers must not exceed prevailing local work hours in the country where the work is to be performed, except with respect to appropriately compensated overtime. In any event, suppliers must not require in excess of a sixty-hour week on a regularly schedule basis.
- Child Labor The use of child labor is not permissible and will not be tolerated. Workers can be no less than 14 years of age and not younger than the compulsory age to be in school in the country where the work is to be performed.
- Prison or Forced Labor The use of forced labour and prison labor is not permissible and will not be tolerated.
- Health and Safety Suppliers must provide workers with a safe and healthy work environment. If residential facilities are provided to workers, they must be safe and healthy facilities. CODE OF CONDUCT FOR MV SPORT PRODUCTION FACILITIES 88 Spence Street Bay Shore, NY 11706 T | 800 367 7900 F | 631 435 8018 E | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discrimination While MV Sport recognizes and respects cultural differences, all workers must be employed on the basis of their ability to do the job, rather than on personal characteristics. We insist upon doing business only with suppliers who share this value.
- Disciplinary Practices Suppliers must not use or tolerate corporal punishment or any other form of psychological or physical coercion.
- Human Rights Products and materials bearing the brand name, trademarks or images of MV Sport shall not be manufactured or produced in any country where the human rights environment, as determined by MV Sport, in its sole discretion, would prevent the conduct of business activities in a manner that is consistent with this Code of Conduct.
- Legal System Products and materials bearing the brand name, trademarks or images of MV Sport shall not be manufactured or produced in any country where the local legal system would prevent MV Sport, in its sole discretion, from adequately protecting its name, trademarks, images or other interest or from implementing any provision of this Code of Conduct.
- Political, Economic and Social Environment Products and materials bearing the brand name, trademarks or images of MV Sport shall not be manufactured or produced in any country where the political, social or economic environment would threaten MV Sport’s reputation and/or commercial or other interests.
- Documentation and Inspections : It shall be the responsibility of each MV Sport supplier to ensure its compliance with this Code of Conduct and to verify that it’s business partners, subcontractors and others involved in the production or manufacture of products or materials bearing the brand, name, trademarks or images of MV Sport are in compliance with this Code of Conduct. Each MV Sport supplier shall maintain on file such documentation as may be needed to demonstrate its compliance with this Code of Conduct and shall make the documentation available for MV Sport’s inspection upon request.
- Monitoring Compliance Each MV Sport supplier shall provide MV Sport and its designated representatives with physical access to all facilities where MV Sport products are made, in whole or in part, whether by the supplier or by third parties with whom the supplier or its agents or representatives contract, in order to monitor and verify compliance with this Code of Conduct. Upon request, and on January 1 of every year, every supplier shall promptly provide MV Sport with the following information concerning each such facility where MV Sport licensed products are made: (1) the name, address, telephone number and facsimile numbers of the facility; (2) the name, address, telephone number and facsimile number of the owner(s) of the facility; (3) the name and job title of a contact person at the facility; (4) a detailed description of the type of quantity of all MV Sport licensed products made, assembled or processed, in whole or in part, at the facility; (5) a summary description of the supplier’s relationship to the owners and/or operators of the facility (e.g., company owned, contractual); and (6) any other information MV Sport deems necessary to effectively monitor and verify compliance with this Code of Conduct.
- It shall be the supplier’s responsibility under this agreement to promptly notify MV Sport whenever it creates or ends relationships with new entities or facilities for the manufacturer or assembly, in whole or in part, of MV Sport products.